Getting the most out of B2B lead generation – Seven ways telemarketing can play a vital role.
Every business is constantly searching for new clients that can benefit from their services, yet generating high quality leads and appointments has proven to be one of the biggest challenges that B2B marketers face. Marketing teams are churning out multi-channel campaigns hoping that one will resonate with the audience and generate a lead.
This rather ‘hit and miss’ approach can be a drain in both resources and budgets, with few ‘quality’ sales leads to show for it at the end of the day. As with most things, a well-researched and logical blend of a range of marketing channels and a clear strategy will not only win new leads, but will also deliver long-term profitable relationships for your business.
Integrating Telemarketing into the Marketing Mix
Telemarketing is a complementary and integral part of any B2B marketing strategy, and has proven to be a highly effective means for generating leads and increasing sales. By integrating telemarketing before, during or after a marketing campaign, such as direct mail, event/exhibition or digital project, you stand a significantly better chance of creating a better impression, developing longer-lasting relations and gaining invaluable sales opportunities.
Here are 5 ways that telemarketing can be used to support your marketing strategy:
- Create awareness: Outbound telemarketing creates awareness that helps to engage with potential customers and upsell new products or services to existing customers.
- Create dialogue: One of the greatest advantages of telemarketing is the ability to build relationships and interact in a way that just isn’t possible through any other above-the-line marketing activity. Communicating your message via the telephone gives the prospect opportunities to ask questions, and you get to gauge reaction and hear feedback immediately. This two-way dialogue makes telemarketing a unique and powerful marketing channel.
- Provide ‘warmer’ leads: Telemarketing is a great way to warm up cold leads by doing the initial prospecting via the telephone and then farming the warmer leads to a sales team to take to the next stage. It’s also more cost effective than leaving this to field sales to do themselves, if they do it at all!
- Help explain complex propositions: If you are selling more complex or technical services that need explanation or clarification, then telemarketing provides greater insight and understanding so the prospect is more likely to buy.
- Nurture existing relationships: Telemarketing helps to nurture relationships with your existing clients: up-selling, brand reinforcement and market research are just some of the ways that telemarketing can help foster relationships and retain those all-important clients you’ve worked so hard to reach.
- Determine the right prospects: Telemarketing helps to eliminate any prospects that may prove to be a waste of time. This can save a company from exhausting precious resources and time on those that simply aren’t interested or appropriate for any further sales follow-up.
- Critical Communications: When you have to communicate information that is critical to your clients – or your business – telemarketing ensures that the information reaches the right audience quickly and that they fully understand the implications.
By integrating your various marketing efforts, you have the opportunity to take your messages further and uncover precious new business leads.
Find out more about our lead generation services.