Telemarketing regularly proves its value in enhancing the results from B2B lead generation campaigns. Here we look at seven benefits it offers.
- Create Awareness: Telemarketing creates awareness to help engage potential new customers and repeat sell or upsell to existing clients.
- Create Dialogue: One of the greatest advantages of intelligently used telemarketing is its ability to help build relationships and interaction in a way that just isn’t possible through any other marketing activity. Communicating your message directly via the telephone gives your prospect the opportunity to ask questions while you get to gather reactions and other valuable information immediately. This two-way dialogue makes telemarketing a unique and extremely powerful marketing channel.
- Get warmer sales leads: Telemarketing is a great way to warm up your cold left-over leads by doing the initial prospecting via the telephone. The warmer sales leads can then be handed to your sales team to take to the next stage. It’s also much more cost and time efficient than leaving this to field sales to do themselves – and would they get through them all anyway?
- Explain complex issues: It is far easier to explain something complex in a conversation than in a cold email or other marketing material that may not even get read! Outbound telemarketing provides this opportunity and then ensures that any written material delivered subsequently is more likely to be both read and understood – meaning that the prospect is more likely to buy.
- Nurture existing relationships: Telemarketing helps to nurture relationships with your existing clients. Up selling, brand reinforcement and market research are just some of the ways that outbound telemarketing can help foster better relationships and retain those clients you’ve worked so hard to reach.
- Determine the right prospects: Telemarketing helps to eliminate any prospects that may prove to be a waste of time to pursue. This will save your company from wasting precious resources on those prospects that simply aren’t interested or even appropriate.
- Build a timed prospect pipeline: What happens to your marketing material if it arrives 6 or 9 months before your prospect is ready to buy? Chances are it will end up in the bin or, at best, forgotten in a pile somewhere. In a telemarketing conversation, this information can be uncovered and a note made to call back at the appropriate time in the future – the control is now in your hands, not the prospect’s.
Find out more about our lead generation services or contact Lingo Telemarketing to discuss how intelligent telemarketing can be integrated into your lead generation marketing to improve effectiveness and give an excellent return on investment (ROI).
Have you had experience with telemarketing companies before? Did you get the results you wanted? We’d love to hear your experiences so please email us here